Programs/projects related to dance only will be considered.
- Endowment funds
- Capital projects
- Private schools (below college level)
- Video/film/book projects
- Outside of New York City
NOTE TO PROPOSERS: In recognition of the hardships that artists and arts organizations are facing due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have revised our application procedures as follows:
1. Our APRIL 1, 2020 proposal deadline for our Spring 2020 grant cycle is being extended to MAY 1, 2020 (date of receipt).
2. To mitigate any logistical problems such as lack of access to records, office supplies and equipment while people are working remotely, we are revising our policy of hard copy submission to accept emailed proposals for our Spring 2020 cycle. Please include all the pieces listed below. Email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please use this format: HARKNESS 5/1/20 PROPOSAL — NAME OF YOUR ORGANIZATION or ARTIST’S NAME. In addition to your full contact information, please advise if your remote work situation necessitates a temporary mailing address other than your usual company address. If you have already sent us a hard copy proposal, we ask that you also email your materials as per above to ensure timely recording.
Please submit your proposal for consideration six months in advance of your program or project.
- AUGUST 1 to be considered at our Fall Board Meeting
- DECEMBER 1 to be considered at our Winter Board Meeting
- APRIL 1 to be considered at our Spring Board Meeting* (see note above)
Send one hard copy of your proposal to the Harkness office at the address below.* (see note above) Please make sure your return address, email and phone contact are clearly indicated on your proposal. Proposals must be received by the deadline date. All applications must include:
- Letter form containing description of program/project
- Historical summary of organization
- Project budget
- Organization/Artist annual budget
- Copy of tax exempt letter (Fiscally sponsored artists must include letter of fiscal sponsorship plus tax exempt letter of sponsoring organization)
- List of board members & their affiliation
- Biographical sketch of key artistic personnel
- Financial statements (last available)
- Support material
- Optional: video samples online or DVD (not returnable). Preferred: Vimeo or YouTube links emailed to email@example.com
The Harkness Foundation for Dance
145 East 48th Street, Suite 26C
New York, NY 10017-1259